Technological help to know how to increase savings
In this world, there are two types of people, those who save and those who do not. To know how to increase savings, we need determination and have a good capacity to manage our personal finances.
But rest assured, there is good news for those who need a little push to get those savings. New technologies allow us to keep records and control of virtually everything, including our accounts and our expenses. That is why technology is our greatest ally when it comes to boosting savings.
What will you find in this article?
How to increase savings with technology
MOBILE SAVING APPS
Today there are many mobile apps capable of helping us manage the many facets of our lives. Also the issue of saving. Depending on our objective, we will choose one app or another.
- Personal finances: These are undoubtedly one of the clearest options for those who want to save with an app. There is a multitude of apps like Fintonic or MoneyWiz that keep you up to date with your income, expenses, etc. Personally, I use the Fintonic app and it comes very well, for example, to set a target for savings seen in several months for a trip, for example. It is also very good because it warns you of duplicate charges or bank charges charged to your account or when you enter the payroll. And you can have that information from different banks in one place. In this case, technology helps you save by helping you to be aware of your spending.
- Domestic savings: In this case, we redirect the savings to our home. There are many ways to save at home; one of them can be when making the purchase of the week. There are applications that for example compare product prices in different supermarkets. So you can go to buy the cheapest products without having to give a thousand laps.
- Energy saving: At home, we waste a lot of energy. For example simply with appliances and appliances on stand-by. There are applications that help you optimize your light contract as Light. Others give you advice and reveal myths about energy efficiency that you can apply in your everyday needs. Actually, the savings at home can be great if we adapt customs and take care of our consumption.
When we talk about smart homes, the term Domotic comes to mind. It is nothing more than using technology to know how to increase savings, greater comfort and more security on a day-to-day basis.
Depending on the complexity of the home automation system we will make a greater or lesser investment. But we will also have greater or lesser savings depending on the installation.
Surely now you are thinking of futuristic houses, very modern and with technology everywhere. It is true that some smart homes are like that. But any house today is likely to become smart and start saving.
There are smart plugs in the market that allow us to program consumption. For example, the water heater does not need to be running all day. It can be started early in the morning so we can take a hot shower. Or the same happens with heating, if we spend the day outside the house we can program it to turn on half an hour before we arrive.
There are many products (plugs, lamps, couplings, etc.) that allow us to return our smart home. And even control it remotely through a mobile application. In addition to giving us control over the home, it will allow us to find how to increase savings. In addition to having a greater sense of security.
When we talk about saving many times we forget that we can also save in transportation. We do not talk about using the bike anymore that would be very effective in reducing costs. If not in the same conditions in which we are possible to save.
The new technologies applied to cars allow us to save quite a month.
For example, if you are going to buy a new car you can choose one of the following alternatives to have more savings.
- Electric car: This is of course, the most ecological option. These cars are charged with electric power, the problem is they are not suitable for driving on the road. It is true that you will save on fuel and others. But there are still few models in the market and
- Hybrid car: This is the intermediate option. Hybrid cars mix the best of traditional fuel cars with electric cars. Thanks to hybrid systems can save between 15 and 25% in fuel consumption, which throughout the year can be quite a money.
- Start & Stop system: This model can be found in a large number of modern vehicles. Stop in the engine in stop situations like traffic lights or wait where normally we would have the engine on. In urban circuits it can suppose a reduction of consumption of up to 15%.
There are many other technologies both for vehicles and for the home that can save us a lot of money in the long term. The drawbacks of these technologies are that they tend to be more expensive at the time of acquisition. They are an investment in the medium and long term, precisely because of that, we are reluctant to bet on them. Even so, it is expected that the most efficient technologies will evolve and reduce their price. Only in this way, we will be able to democratize on how to increase savings with efficient technology.