To Create A Look And Feel That Is Unmatched, Practical And Unique. Here you’ll find some of the best ways to floor your game room or just about any room and some fun ideas you may not have considered before.
And because you want to create a fun and comfortable room for both family and friends, Game Room Flooring is very important.
Therefore a nice flooring is one that not only matches your overall theme and design, but is also practical for your game room.
Flooring Questions To Ask Yourself
- Do I want a flooring that won’t scuff?
- Do I prefer a solid flooring like hardwood or laminate?
- Is carpeting my room a consideration?
Whether you know which flooring you’re leaning towards or not you’ll find answers and ideas for the various flooring types that will work in most home game rooms.
Flooring Options For Your Game Room
Game Room Carpeting
An Alternative For Game Rooms
Game room carpeting may be the perfect solution if you want something for the whole family!
The reason being that kids can play on it and if they happen to fall down they wont hit their head on hard concrete or a wood floor. Also if you have dogs or cats they too can enjoy the comfort of carpeting in the basement instead of the cold damp floor.
Another good point with game room carpeting is that you can stand longer with less pain in your feet, knees and back with a thick padding.
But is carpeting right for your home game room?
Plain and simple if you have a lot of moisture in your basement then you don’t want carpet there. Itll eventually become damp and mold may start to grow and then itll stink up your game room.
If you still want to go with carpeting then you must look into a good dehumidifier and talk to a specialist about other ways to rid your game room / basement of all that moisture.
Color, Style & Design
As you know with carpeting you have a large selection of color, style & design. And in a game room youll want something that is suitable for the whole family.
If youll have a lot of foot traffic, which I assume you will then youll want a carpet that blends the spills and dirt. Of course youll clean it but some things just dont come out.
Because of that youll want a nice tightly wound carpet that has specks of color in it. This way itll hide dirt and will hold a good look longer. A nylon or plastic type carpet would be perfect for a game room carpet.
Again youll want a tightly twisted carpet not something loose and shaggy or itll be very hard to maintain and that isnt good in a game room. A good durable carpet for your basement or wherever your game room is located is Berber carpet.
When it comes to padding in your game room youll want the thickest padding you can get. There are a few reasons for this. For one youll be doing a lot of standing. Therefore the thicker padding with cushion will make it easier on your feet, back and joints.
Another reason is that if youre laying the carpet over a concrete floor itll hide the cracks and curvatures of the floor more easily. Also your room will be a little warmer with a nice thick padding instead of having carpet directly over a concrete slab.
It may cost a little more but in the end youll be happier you spent the money.
A Floor Tile Design That’s Right For A Game Room.
A Fun, Unique and Masterful work of “Floor Tile Design Art” created by you in your game room is personalization you can’t go wrong with! Game rooms are fun and tile flooring makes for a More Enjoyable game room atmosphere.
There are various forms of tile flooring available, from carpet tiling to ceramic tiling and everything in-between to make the perfect Floor Tile Design.
IMPORTANT – Think about this for a second! Wipe the slate clean and start fresh like an artist does. There are many different colors and textures of tiling available and all you need to do is BE CREATIVE.
Create a “Checkered Floor Tile Design with your favorite two colors, just stagger them as it’s normally done. That design always looks GREAT. Take it a step beyond the stagger and create your favorite Design or Logo with the various tile colors available.
For Example: Create your Family Name or Initials in tile or arrange them to look like the floor of a basketball court or hockey rink. The main point with tiling is to THINK FUN & THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.
Of course one color scheme is good but two is always better in a game room and three or more? It’s your game room, Your Personal Work Of Art and you’ll enjoy your Floor Tile Design that much more after it’s finished.
Various Types Of Tile Flooring
There are various types of tiling available to you besides the ones we mention below. Still the ones we talk about will most likely be the best for your game room because of color selection and durability.
– Is pretty easy to install and works in just about any room unless you use it in your basement. It doesn’t happen in every case but sometimes you may end up with a mildew problem when used in your basement. You can use self-sticking type or one that needs to be glued to the floor with a special type of flooring glue.
– Cork Tiling and cork flooring are becoming more popular these days. It is easy to install and are long lasting. Not only that but because it’s cork it’s easier on your feet and back because of it’s softness and cushioning. Although cork tiling does come in various color designs you may not find exactly what you’re looking for. Still it would be perfect for a room where you’re doing a lot of standing, like playing pool.
Inlaid Vinyl Tiles
– Although not the cheapest of vinyl tiles available, it is one of the best. It is easy to install and comes in an array of colors and designs. And because of it’s design the colors will never fade. Also you’ll never have to worry about someone spilling a drink on one of these tiles either because they’re easy to wipe down and clean off.
– This type of tiling may be just what the game room doctor ordered. It’s great in areas where you’ll have a lot of foot traffic and also it’s not a “hard” material so it’s good in a room where a lot of standing will take place. When it comes to the design or color choice you have a very big selection. You can pretty much imitate any type of flooring with resilient tiling. From brick to marble and everything in between. Because of that this type of floor tile design can complement your game room theme better than other tiling types. You will most likely find that it comes in both sheets and self sticking squares. The sheets may be more expensive though.
– It may not be the most popular form of tiling for a game room but it is an option and needs to be mentioned. It comes in various colors just like other types of tiling and it’s also long lasting. If you do decide to go with rubber tiling you have to be careful though. It does become slippery when it gets wet so you may want to consider a rubber tiling that is studded instead of smooth.
Vinyl Composition Tiling
– Overall this is probably the number one easiest and best type of tiling to use in your game room. Because of the price, strength, ease of installation and the variety of colors and designs available you may want to go with Vinyl Composition Tiling. They will look great in any game room and if one does get damaged it’s easy to replace. They are known to be scuff, burn and dent resistant which make them perfect for all the visitors you’ll have in your game room. Not to mention all the games that will be resting on them also.
What To Look Out For
You also need to look out for a the different aspects of tiling that will make it good for your game room not just the color and floor tile design.
For example always check out the tile ratings as some tiles are rated harder than others. The are 5 different types of tile ratings to choose from ranging from Group 1 – Group 5. Group 1 being the least hard used for light traffic and Group 5 being the hardest and great for heavy traffic areas.
Next check out it’s Porosity. If you’re going to place tile in a wet area, choose one that will withstand water and is less porous.
One more thing to remember is that tiles can be easy or hard to install depending on the type you choose to work with. You will most like need to make some cuts so find out beforehand if the tiling you selected is easy to work with or a pain in the neck.
OVERALL – We like to use tiling in our game room. It’s easy to maintain, the tiles last just about forever and if you do want to change the color or floor tile design of your room they are easy to replace for a new fresh look. Just remember to come up with a fun floor tile design before buying the tile. And also ask the store if you can take home samples to get a feel of what the final product will look like in your home.
Laminate Game Room Flooring
The Way To Go If…
You want that sleek and beautiful wood flooring look in a very busy area of your home like your game room!
Laminate Game Room Flooring gives you everything you’d want in a game room floor. From its durability to a hardwood flooring look and feel you’ll find it the perfect solution for your flooring needs.
What’s The Bid Deal?
The BIG DEAL is that laminate flooring is very versatile and durable. Therefore it’s one of the most popular flooring options out there right now. Here’s why…
Laminate flooring or laminate game room flooring as we’re referring to it comes in an array of colors. If you’re looking for a specific color or color tone more than likely you’ll find it in laminate. Since laminate flooring is basically an imitation hardwood floor the colors you’ll find are of course wood-tone colors. For example some of the colors you’ll find are:
- Oak Honey
- Cherry Wood
- Cherry Spice
And many many other colors. Depending on the manufacturer you choose the colors will vary so look around and compare before coming to a final decision. Of course Laminate Game Room Flooring Color is important but there are other features you must consider besides the color. What about…
LAMINATE FLOORING LOOKS
There are two basic looks that you can create with laminate flooring, Wood & Stone!
With the “wood” look you have choices of just about every hardwood flooring look around. From maple to oak and much more. Each wood look has it’s own unique look and feel so you’ll need samples to look at to see how it fits into your game room’s overall look and feel.
Now the “stone” look is great also. Actually the stone look may be a better selection for your game room look and feel instead of the wood look. The reason being that the stone colors & designs will give your game room a more a casual feel. The colors range from light stone to dark stone and everything in between. From Brick to Limestone, Slate and more you’ll find a GREAT LOOKING stone colors and designs to make your laminate game room flooring something special.
LAMINATE INSTALLATION – Is It Easy?
I guess the answer to that question depends on whether you’re a “Do It Yourself” person or not. If you enjoy doing things yourself then laying down a laminate floor will be a do-able and more than likely an easy job. If you’ve never floored a room before don’t fret, laminate flooring is pretty easy to install even for first-timers.
One of the reasons Laminate Game Room Flooring is easy to install is because it can be placed over most floors already down. This way you don’t have to tear anything up. The list includes plywood, osb, concrete slabs and some other existing floors.
What makes it even EASIER is that most laminate flooring just snap together with no need for glue. It’s basically a tongue in groove type of flooring. Of course different manufacturers have different installation guides just make sure you know what you’ll need before buying the laminate design you like. Now we did say “most”. Because some do call for a damp cloth to activate an adhesive when placing the pieces together. Others may actually need a special glue for the plank edges to stick together. Whichever case it’s still easier to put down than most other flooring choices.
WHERE CAN YOU INSTALL IT?
Pretty simple answer here – JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE. If you want it in your bathroom you’ll need to follow some strict installation instructions and only certain laminates should be installed there.
But for overall room use you can install laminate floors in the upper, main and basement floors of your home. Basically because the laminate floor isn’t actually attached to floor underneath it moisture isn’t typically a problem. You will just install a vapor barrier beneath the underlay and you have your laminate game room floor in your basement. Just remember to find out exactly what you’ll need before installing your floor because once again flooring guidelines differ by manufacturer.
It’s really an easy upkeep. Just set aside time for cleaning and you’ll probably never have a problem.
Routinely dust mop or wipe with a damp cloth. If you have a spill all you need to do is wipe it up with a sponge. Pretty much that’s about it!
DO NOT – use soap detergents or something like “mop & shine” they may leave a film on your beautiful laminate game room flooring. Also don’t use abrasive cleaners that will scratch your floor. And NEVER wax or polish your laminate floor. If you still want to clean it with something other than water then a No-Wax floor cleaner will do the job.
One final time, remember to read your manufacturers flooring guide in detail. You’d be amazed at how many people overlook little things like using a soap detergent on their laminate floor when that’s a NO-NO with most brands of laminate flooring. IF you follow the installation & upkeep directions then you’re on your way to having a beautiful laminate game room flooring down before your next Holiday get-together. Keep reading Tips on how to choose the right flooring colour
A Vinyl Floor For Basement Game Rooms
May Be What Your Room Needs
There is a number of determining factors you NEED to consider when deciding whether to go with a vinyl floor or some other form of flooring!
First and foremost A Vinyl Floor For Basement Rec Rooms is probably the best way to go for many reasons. IF your game room or rec room isn’t in the basement don’t worry because pretty much any room in your home would look great with a nice vinyl flooring pattern or design.
Whether you want a glueless vinyl flooring / self stick vinyl flooring, sheet vinyl or vinyl tiles they’ll all do a great job for many reasons. Lets go over a few below!
Why Vinyl Flooring
With so many different choices out there today why would you want to go with a vinyl floor? Especially a vinyl floor for basement game and rec rooms? Read why:
– Vinyl flooring comes in many different designs, styles, shapes and more. It also comes in sheets or tiles. Because of this you can pretty much make any design you want to in your room. A vinyl floor for basement game rooms is great because you can add your favorite sports teams logo or name or even design it to look like a hockey rink or baseball diamond. As you can see the possibilities are UNLIMITED
WHERE TO INSTALL IT?
– Pretty much anywhere is the answer to that question! A vinyl floor for basement rec rooms is ideal because unlike some types of flooring vinyl can be used above OR below grade level. Also it can be placed over standard underlayment, concrete/cement slabs, ceramic tile and even wood or vinyl flooring that doesn’t have cushion to it.
NOT JUST FOR LOOKS
– YES you just created a work of art using vinyl flooring in your game room. Friends and family can’t help but comment on your great job. Well looks are important but maybe its longevity is more important?
Vinyl flooring is great for withstanding a high traffic area. That is why a vinyl floor for basement rec rooms is PERFECT for having parties! You know drinks and food will spill and it’s easy to clean up if you have a vinyl floor. Also since vinyl flooring isn’t a “hard” surface it’s a little easier on your feet and back when standing for long periods of time.
– Vinyl flooring is also known as “resilient” so as this indicates it’ll last a while. Pretty much it’s resistant to indents, scratches, stains and most other problems that arise in the normal use. Because of this they usually keep their great looks for a long long time! All you really need to do is mop the floor to keep it looking great.
– The two types of vinyl flooring are called inlaid and printed. With inlaid the colors are put right into the vinyl sheets itself to give you a much deeper looking color finish. With Printed the color is basically printed onto the vinyl sheets, much like a printer printing onto sheets of paper.
BASIC INSTALLATION OVERVIEW
– “How to install vinyl flooring?” is a question you’ll ask when you’re ready to tackle your new flooring idea. Well here is a quick and basic overview of how to lay vinyl flooring. Make sure to ask a professional, buy a book or go to your local hardware store for installation specifics.
First you’ll pretty much need to remove everything in the room. This includes molding, taking doors off the hinges and of course all the furniture in the room.
Once everything is removed you’ll need to prep the floor. Make sure the floor you’re laying the vinyl flooring over is clean and free of cracks and dirt. If not then clean it, fill in the cracks and smooth out any bumps. If you’re going over a floor that’s already down make sure it’s clean, even and smooth.
Now depending on the type of floor you’re going over you may have to lay a new sub floor down before you can lay the vinyl flooring down. Again make sure to talk to a specialist before doing this project.
After you’ve cut your flooring to fit the room you’ll need to apply adhesive so it will stick. MAKE SURE you know which adhesive goes with the type of vinyl flooring you’ve chosen. There is a variety and you DON’T WANT to get the wrong kind or you’ll be redoing your job.
Once you’ve glued it to the floor try not to use it for 24 hours because the glue needs time to dry and bond tightly. After at least a day has gone by you can replace your games, pool table, pinball machine, jukebox and so on. Just MAKE SURE that you roll them on plywood or something hard otherwise you may end up damaging your new floor.
What Do You Think
After going over some of the various reasons for having a vinyl floor for basement game rooms. And after a basic introduction to the installation process, is vinyl flooring for you? It’s definitely easier to work with than wood flooring and pretty much easier than other types of tile flooring also since vinyl is easily cut to the shapes you’ll need.
The main ingredient in any good flooring plan anyway is the creative idea you come up with. And that is true whether it’s a vinyl floor for basement entertainment purposes or in your busy kitchen. Just be unique, be creative and come up with a look that goes along with your whole game room theme. This way no matter what – vinyl flooring for your basement or whichever room you decide to lay it in will look GREAT!
A Wood Floor Design
That Looks And Feels Great
And Can Withstand The Elements Of Game Room Action Is What You’ll Need!
You know what we mean by game room action don’t you? If you don’t then let us explain. Having grown up with a game room and other family members currently having game rooms we’ve seen pretty much everything that can happen in a home game room. If you’re just creating a game room for show then there are no worries. BUT if you plan to have get-togethers with family and friends you may have plenty to worry about. That’s why you’ll need a wood floor design that can hold up to just about anything.
You’ll have kids running and screaming. Drinks will be knocked to the floor. Food will be crushed into the floor. Chairs pushed across the floor. Billiard table that may need leveling, a juke box that needs to be moved for a moment to change a record, pool sticks being banged on the floor and pool balls falling on the floor and on and on we could go. We didn’t even scratch the surface of “game room action”. You get the idea though.
So make a wise decision and keep in mind who’ll be using the game room. Wood flooring is harder to keep up than other types of flooring. Some wood scratches easily and also there are some rooms where wood flooring shouldn’t even be installed. With all that said a wood floor design in your game room would still look awesome! Just make sure it’s practical!
Here is some helpful wood floor design information:
Important Wood Flooring Information
There are various types of wood flooring out there. Too many to really go into them all here. But there is some important information that you need to know before installing them in your game room.
There are two types of wood flooring that can be installed in your home. They are called “SOLID WOOD” or “ENGINEERED WOOD”.
Solid Wood Flooring
Is a type of wood flooring that should be installed above ground. That means not in your basement because it can’t adjust easily to humidity and moisture and your wood floor design will be ruined easily. Although it can still be installed on concrete as long as it’s above ground level.
There are basically three types of Solid Wood Flooring. Strip, Plank & Parquet. Each has it’s own unique qualities and come in an array of colors to match just about any room.
Engineered Wood Flooring
This type of flooring can pretty much be installed anywhere therefore is perfect for your game room in the basement.
It’s made of various types of wood or different grades of the same wood placed together to become one piece with high heat and pressure. Two types of Engineered Wood are Wood Laminates and Synthetic/Plastic Laminates.
Types Of Wood Flooring Available
There is a large selection of wood flooring designs available these days. They come in both Domestic and Exotic styles. Here is a list of what you’ll most likely find:
Ash White / Beech / Birch / Cherry (Black) / Douglas Fir / Hickory-Pecan / Maple Sugar-Hard / Mesquite / Oak (Red) / Oak (White) / Pine-Antique Heart / Pine-Southern Yellow / Walnut American Black.
– Bamboo / Brazilian Cherry / Bubinga / Cork / Curmaru / Cypress (Australian) / Gum-Spotted / Gum-Sydney Blue / Iroko / Jarrah / Mahogany (Santos) / Maple-Brazilian / Merbau / Oak-Tasmanian / Padauk / Purpleheart / Sapele / Teak-Brazilian / Teak Thai-Burmese / Walnut, Brazilian-Ipe / Wenge.
Which Type Is Right
For Your Game Room & You
Well there are a few last things to consider and lets touch base on those together right now.
When it comes to COLOR you really have no worries. You can find just about any color of wood that would match your room just right. If you can’t find the exact color you want just remember you can always stain and finish the wood you’ve chosen to get your desired color.
Also as you probably already know, all wood isn’t the same even if it is the same type of wood. What we’re trying to say is that there are “GRADES” of wood available. Clear, Select & Common. Clear wood is supposed to be free of any defects. Select wood will contain it’s natural state with knots and color differences. Common wood pretty much is wood in its natural state. Color variations, knots, wormholes and so on. You’ll also see these referred to as “First, Second & Third” types of wood.
Wood can also be cut in different types of ways. Depending on the angle a board is cut will make a difference in how it will look. Basically there are three types of cuts. Plainsawn, Quartersawn and Riftsawn. The most common cut is the Plainsawn. Quartersawn is more expensive as you get less board per log cut but it will wear more evenly. Riftsawn cut is like Quartersawn cut but it’s cut at a different angle.
So What Does All This Mean?
Basically what it comes down to is this. Solid Hardwoods will most like require more upkeep than Engineered Wood Floor Designs. Although they can always be re-sanded and refinished to get that new look all over again. Solid Wood most likely will last a lot longer than Engineered Wood if kept up properly.
Wood flooring is great and it seems everyone out there wants a wood floor nowadays. Just remember to pick the one that is right for your floor level whether above or below ground and that will hold up with all the game room action you’ll be having.
We hope you will like tank games for pc, this is best tank games for pc.